Download SU Podium
SU Podium V2
SU Podium V2 is a photo-realistic rendering plug-in to Google SketchUp 7 or 8. SU Podium V2 employs advanced rendering technology but sticks to it's original intention of making photo-realistic rendering for SketchUp an easy and rewarding task. The user interface is simply and does not require advanced knowledge of rendering techniques.
SU Podium uses ray tracing and global illumination to create photo-realistic images. Although the user does not have to be aware of what technology is being used, it's important to note that you can obtain high quality images with realistic reflection and lights, quickly. SU Podium uses multi-threading of your CPU so much of the rendering process will use all your processors (Dual/ Quad/ Eight).
SU Podium V2 Introduction Video
Summary of Features
- - Works inside Google SketchUp 7 or 8, Free or Pro, Mac or Windows
- - Works with SketchUp textures, sky, background colors, shadows, groups and layers
- - Material properties applied globally to SketchUp textures
- - High quality raytracing
- - Advanced Global illumination
- - Physical sky for skies with depth and turbidity
- - Bump mapping
- - 'True' reflection - not fake specularity
- - Refraction with presets
- - Blurred reflection
- - Blurred refraction for true translucency
- - Light emitting materials
- - Omni lights
- - Sun light
- - Sky Light
- - Spot lights in PLS
- - Caustic reflections
- - Unlimited resolution
- - Multi-processor support
- - Free Light Fixture library of 200 ready made lights
How it works
Select a SketchUp texture you want to apply Podium properties too. You can select the texture by selecting the face that the texture is on or you can select the texture directly from the SketchUp Material browser. When you make a texture selection, its name will appear at the top of the Podium Material Property dialog box.
Once a selection is made, apply the various Podium properties to the texture by using the appropriate slider. This will turn the texture into a Podium material.
Subscribe to our SketchUp Newsletter
If you subscribe, you will get interesting SketchUp Tutorials, SketchUp News, Plugin updates, Tool updates, 3D Modeling Tips/Tricks, Good learning articles and much more in your email.